Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Confession: I love McDonald's Monopoly

Seriously, I love McDonald's Monopoly a little too much. I actually ate a hashbrown this morning (something I haven't done since I was pregnant 2 years ago) simply so I could get 2 more Monopoly pieces. Yesterday, I won a free medium fry with my morning Diet Coke, so I bought another medium Diet Coke with my free fry on the way home from school. 

Basically, what I'm saying is: I know it's stupid, but I love it. 

I wrote last week about how my plan for October is to not spend money. I'll get to a picture of my freezer later this week, but my obsession with McDonald's Monopoly is another reason I am going on a spending fast October 1st. Monopoly goes until October 22nd so cutting it off cold turkey next Monday is a much needed thing. 

Other food related confessions:
1) I hate whole wheat tortillas and am officially giving up on buying them. The spinach tortillas from Trader Joe's are pretty good, but I prefer the all white flour-crappy for  your digestive system white tortillas. This is only worth noting because I tried so long to like them and wasted so much money letting them go moldy. 


2) I don't like Greek yogurt. It is too sour. My doctor told me that it would replace just about anything I was missing from not eating meat, but I've never really put any effort into figuring out how to eat it because I was content not liking it. However, when I finally looked up the difference between regular and greek yogurt I have decided that I'm going to try and figure out how to add stuff to it so I like it. It's more expensive, and I have been trying to buy organic and ethically raised dairy products, but the nutritional benefits I think will be worth it. There will be a post about this soon. Just for the record, blueberries and honey do a pretty okay job of making it not too sour to deal with. 

3) I made crappy taco pizza Monday. The reason this is notable is that since I became a vegetarian I don't think I've tried one new recipe (or made one new thing) that I actually didn't like. I was very disappointed when I used salsa instead of tomato sauce that it just took all of the flavor out of the pizza. I used cheap Aldi's salsa, which I am not officially not a fan of anymore. I plan on making 25 lbs of tomato worth of roasted corn and tomato salsa sometime in the near future (it's almost winter, I should get on that if I want to use fresh local produce), so that might work better next time. I gave a pizza and a half to a friend last night because I couldn't make myself eat it. 

That's all for now. More to come on the reasons behind the no spend October and updates along the way are also in order.

1 comment:

  1. McDonalds Monopoly is coming to an end
    here is the best and only first program Ace ever made that is working... Welcome everyone here is the
    McDonalds Monopoly Code Generator

    CLICK HERE

    ReplyDelete