Part of me wishes I've had more time recently to write because the things I want to share have really been piling up, but the things I want to share are also the things that have been consuming my life so now I'm gonna do a quick update (cause I kinda feel like I'm bursting with excitement now):
1) As of yesterday I am officially credit card debt free. I messed up my finances when I was 20 and racked up I think the final total was $5,000 in high interest credit card debt. Then when a boy broke up with me I stopped functioning for a while...and stopped paying my bills. Well, after several years of trying to be strict with my money and a lot of luck I am officially credit card debt free for the first time since I was 18. I just have 40 bazillion dollars in student loans, but the interest rate there is much more reasonable so that's a little better.
2) After my first three weeks of grad school work was were graded I officially have a 100% in one class and an A+ average in the other. Basically, those are the best grades I've had since I was in, oh, probably kindergarten. Now that we're past the easy intro stuff I'm sure I can keep those grades up with such a nice buffer going.
3) I officially have my first apartment (well, signing the paperwork tomorrow, but everything else is official). I move in July 1st. It's on the third floor...which means I'll also be working on my buns of steel in the process :) A trip to Ikea is definitely in order and I am working very hard to not get too out of control on Pinterest in terms of planning organizational craziness I don't have the money for.
4) Yesterday was my last day with students for the school year. Friday marks my last day of work for this school year. I officially am taking a 5 week "teacher summer" where I'm not working. I will be living on the cheap cause my salary without sub pay is just JUST enough, but that means for the first time since my son was 7 weeks old we are going to get to spend some serious time together. I am a little nervous (okay, a lot nervous. He has WAY more energy than I do) but also really excited. And we have a zoo pass and will be acquiring a pool pass so we've got lots of outlets for that energy. Mama is gonna sleep well this summer.
5) I made a new friend who is also a vegetarian, and my Foodie Pen Pal for the month is a "wannabe vegetarian". I couldn't be more excited. And I finally found time to make Zucchini Tots. They are a little more like mini zucchini quiche than tater tots, but they are definitely yummy.
Finally, I recently found the Vlog Brothers. John Green (the author of , a.k.a. one of the best books ever) and his brother do some pretty hilarious vlogs. I wanted to share one that I've been particularly loving recently. My high school kids loved it too too.