Saturday, June 30, 2012

June Foodie Pen Pal


Oh my goodness this has been a long two months. Hopefully once life settles down a bit I will be able to write more. Someone actually gave me a great idea for a link party that I might just have to do. 

Okay, so on to this month's goodies. 

My pen pal was Carrie and she sent me all kinds of great goodies from her home state of Kentucky.  

The good stuff included:
1) Coffee (that was delicious with toast and the almond toast sprinkle from last month)
2) Garlic salt 
3) Tea
4) Homemade cherry granola
5) Sour Cream scone mix which I plan on making once I get my whole life unpacked in my new apartment
6) Blackberry Bourbon chutneyt

I'm really excited about all of this, but when I saw the chutney I was a little unsure of what to do with it since I don't eat meat. I've never known it as anything except a meat topper so I went searching. I don't know why I didn't think of adding it to a veggie sandwich, but I think that Blackberry Bourbon Chutney would be great on a cucumber and red onion sandwich. 

So, again, once I unpack my whole life, I will be making sandwiches. 

Thanks Carrie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment