I wrote a long post earlier today, with lots of pictures, talking about the food ethics movies I've been watching recently. And, because blogger is the bane of my existence, it didn't save. I'll get back to that sometime soon then.
On a different note, I haven't written much about how I have an online dating profile, but I've had one since about March of 2011. I've met some cool guys who, it turns out, I didn't have anything in common with. I met a few who I had a lot in common with and who I dated for a short while but it didn't work out. I also met one crazy man, but that story is for another time.
I've deactivated and reactivated my accounts a few times. I had a free OKCupid account for about a year and when I got my tax return I decided that I was willing to pay for Match.com. Well, I really don't like Match as much as OKC, but I have found that people on Match tend to be more mature and doing more with their life. (Don't even get me started on those that lurk on Plenty of Fish). But the point I'm trying to make is that finding something to talk about is hard with people who you don't know a ton about when the obvious intention is to get to know each other to decide if you would like to no longer be forever alone...together.
I wish I would have remembered this sooner.
When I was 18 I had a best friend who turned into a boyfriend of 5 years. One of the first times we spent time together we shared our answers to this list. It was basically the most amazing conversation starter I have ever encountered. It is a little high school-ish (we were 18 after all), but it is still great conversation starter.
However, when I went back a hundred years on my Xanga (holy crap, xanga. I almost forgot about you) I found that the list is super super melodramatic.
So I went searching for another.
The following list is from HopesandDreams.blogspot.com
1. List 20 random facts about yourself.
2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
4. List 10 things you would tell your 16 year-old self, if you could.
5. What are the 5 things that make you most happy right now?
6. What is the hardest thing you have ever experienced?
7. What is your dream job, and why?
8. What are 5 passions you have?
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how.
10. Describe your most embarrasing moment.
11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
12. Describe a typical day in your current life.
13. Describe 5 weaknesses you have.
14. Describe 5 strengths you have.
15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?
18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misundertand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.
Heck, maybe I should fill out this list before I start asking other people these questions.