Thursday, May 17, 2012

The plan for my first veggie freezer cooking day

Okay, so I am trying several new things this weekend:

1) Several new recipes
2) Allowing someone else to help me cook so I will remember to take pictures and write down the quantities I actually use (I'm very much of a "make it up as you go along" cook)
3) Showing a new boy how domestic, I mean crazy, I actually am. 
4) Freezer cooking a lot. 


I started grad school this week and feel a lot like my life has fallen apart. Holy crap did I forget how much work college is.




These are the things I really want to make:

1) Freezer breakfast burritos (without sausage for me, with sausage for him to take home and finally believe me that they are just as good as fresh made. 

(I need to fix and update this post and the pictures, so that's another goal for Saturday)


2) Whole Wheat Strawberry Oatmeal Muffins
Via Harper's Homemade



3) Zucchini Tots I am going to make about 4 million of these, and then hope to god they come out as good as they look.  
Via The Two Bite Club


4) More vegetarian chili like I made last week, but I modified the recipe so much that there isn't really point in liking you to anything. I am going to take pictures and type this all up hopefully. And by me I mean the boy is going to document and write while I cook =)

5) Bean and Spinach Enchiladas I will make them in the oven, not the slow cooker like this suggests, and I will omit the radishes, because I simply don't like them. But otherwise this sounds AMAZING. It will be eat some for dinner, wrap and freeze in separate containers. 


Slow-Cooker Bean and Spinach Enchiladas
Via Real Simple
And, maybe, if I'm feeling adventitious (and still have zucchini left over) I will make zucchini pizza casserole. This recipe calls for ground turkey, and she says she substituted black beans, so I'll probably do half black beans and half TVP (A.K.A. my new favorite food). 

Via Debbie Does Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment