This is how I did:
1. Learn the Buddhist Bedtime Prayer so I can start saying it to the baby. I suck at memorizing things. This is going back on the list for next week so I can keep working on it.
4. Finish The Fault in Our Stars summary and submit. Nope. I really hated this book, but I've done too much work to give up the easy $75 I can make for finishing this.
7. Go through "things" 3-5 on the 21st Centry Learning Commons 21 Essential Things professional development project. I didn't make time for this, but I'm okay with that. I will keep working on it.
8. Answer an Enotes question every day. I think I did 5/7. Close.
9. Go run at least 45 minutes at least two more times this week. Yeah, I didn't get to this one either. I feel like the week just kinda got away from me. But pushing my heavy toddler around the hills at the zoo definitely gets me some points for an endurance workout. And if the gym was open today I would have totally been there. Next week.
10. Read 3 more chapters of The New Rules of Lifting for Women. Again, I didn't get to this.
So, what I've learned from this experience is that 10 goals are too many to pile on top of my already busy life. For next week I am going to try 5 goals and see how it goes. Note that some of the unfinished goals did not transfer. I am not 100% sure if I really want to do these things so I'm going to take my time and do some self-evaluation before holding myself to this again.
Goals for next week:
1) Actually memorize the Buddhist Bedtime Prayer for real.
3) Run for at-least 45 minutes for 2 days (I am starting a new job on Monday that involves playing soccer with preschoolers. That will count as one of my 3 total runs).
4) Keep finding ways to spend 1/2 an hour of just me and baby time, no distractions, or at-least a few minutes of alone time when he is not at home for the evening.
5) Scrub the crap out of my kitchen floor. This has needed it for a while now and I need to just buckle down and do it.
Hopefully this week will go a little better.