Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My house is [J]am packed with books

I was going to write today about how I am on a [J]ourney through life, about how I am learning to live my life minute to minuet and enjoy the ride and other such transcendental crap. However, I am pooped (hence today's post not being up until almost 9 p.m.) so I'm going to write about what I was thinking about 5 minutes ago.


My house is absolutley positively jam packed with books. 


This is the baby's book case. He has gotten 15 new books in the past week (most of them are spread all over the living room; only about half are in the book case shown here. 



And this is my night stand. Yes, it's a mess. And tonight I don't care. 






I have three teacher textbooks, a Jody Picoult book I saw done as a speech piece this year that I want to read, a notebook, a book of poetry, my "comfort book" that I just like having close by when I don't feel good (The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelo, you should read it) and I don't even know what else. (and YES, my running shoe insoles are also tucked in there. Like I said, it's been a long couple days.) 


I was reading one of the mom bloggers recently (I can't remember who) and she was talking about how one of the things she refuses to declutter and pare down is her children's books. I have no desire whatsoever to get rid of a single book that I own (and I have probably 15 boxes in the basement besides the ones on my shelves). I'm an English teacher. Books are what I love. 

5 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you mean! I have stacks of books everywhere! Cheesy romances, philosophy, books on writing, books about writers, Shakespeare, sci-fi and fantasy, and cookbooks too!

    Sadly, when we moved, we had to reduce our books by about half - but we donated them to the library so they had a good home! And we only donate those books that we know we will never read again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no such thing as too many books!

    Our son's room is always strewn with books, and I spend time reading with him every day (he's 9 and high functioning autistic so his reading level isn't quite where it 'should' be). I also read to him (and our 11 year old listens in) almost every night.

    Personally I have between 3 and 5 books on the go at any given time, counting e-books, print and audio books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Alchemist - wonderful book :) though I did not get hold of the last part of the book :D LOL. Is there a need to understand everything??? I guess, Naaaa :)

    I think I found another blog from this A to Z challenge :) New Follower here.

    Not a challenger in the A to Z challenger, but you can, if you like, check my friends blog
    http://www.doodlingwords.blogspot.in/

    Good luck with the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "B" on my A to Z Wish List was built-in bookcases lining the walls of a whole room. No matter how many books I give away, sell, or donate, the collection still grows. I need to read faster...

    Patricia Stoltey

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I used to work in a library, and my OH works for a consumer activist group in the brewing industry, our house is filled with shelves of books and collector's items of bottled beer and glasses.

    I dread the thought of ever having to move.....maybe we'd get in a team of professional packers!

    Just dropped by on the A-Z blog-hop! ;-)

    SueH I refuse to go quietly!

    ReplyDelete