Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I love [C]ountry Music

I wrote April 1st about how I need more focus and inspiration in my life, and how I wanted to find 25 things that I am (or like) as a way to help me find focus. 


Today's "I am" is actually an "I love". 


I love Country music. 


Yeah, yeah, not a big deal you say. However, this is something that has become kinda important in my life. 


I was in a relationship for 6 years with someone I thought I would marry. Well, it didn't work out, but it gave me a really good idea of what I wanted in a relationship, what was important to me, and what I wanted to do better the next time around. One of the things I keep coming back to though, the thing that I can't seem to find in the new people I have been dating since then, is a willingness to spend $200 on authentic cowboy boots, excitement about listening to a fiddle, and a love of country music. 


When I was 8 months pregnant I went to see The Zach Brown Band at Blossom, a.k.a. an outdoor huge field on a hill. It was the best 3 hours of my life (even though I couldn't sit, stand, or walk for more than 15 minutes at a time). It was  undoubtedly the best show of my life. 


I definite a lot of the moments in my life in terms of the songs that hit me at the time. Music was even the thing that helped me let go of the hate that I felt for the boy of the 6 year relationship. 


Right now all I want (besides world peace, and enough time to run every day, and a new car) is someone to sing this song to me. 
Woman like you-Lee Brice


I love the innocent sarcasm and the sweet message behind the song. 


I love country music. It is part of me, is part of what I want in the person I will spend the rest of my life with, and it is something that helps give me focus and inspiration. 


And that is the point of this, right?

What is something that is important to you that you want to share with the person you spend forever with? 

10 comments:

  1. I love country music, too, but only if it's extra twangy - like George Jones. That's a lovely song you showcase though.

    Good C post - Lynn #148.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the extra twangy stuff is great too. There is no replacement for good old Alabama.

      Delete
  2. I find I like songs and later realise they're country. I'm not sure what the definition is, but if I like it maybe it doesn't matter.

    I've just stopped by from the A-Z challenge. I'm #142 on the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of the great things, the definition is very much blending in with just "music". Thank you Taylor Swift and Darious Ruckert and Kid Rock for making music so great that no one cares anymore that it's "Country" they just care that its good.

      Delete
  3. I'm from Texas and I always HATED country music. Rejecting my roots I guess. Until recently. Rascall Flats started it, and now - sigh - I kinda like it.
    Happy A-Z blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy all kinds of music, but I was raised listening to country music. I believe country music explains everything in life, from religion, to love, to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit that it's growing on me!! My husband is a new lover of country and my mom has always enjoyed it, I always thought of it as depressing but some of it's not, my favorite is "Country Fried Chicken" something about that song just gets me!! Good Luck with the A-Z challenge I'm loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Country music is cool. :)
    Great A-Z post!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your A to Z theme a lot. And I like country music a lot too. But the thing I'd most want to share with my hubby of many, many years is my love of books. I buy them, I get them at the library, and I feel panicky if I don't have "To Be Read" stacks all over the house.

    Patricia Stoltey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, books are a necessity too (I'm a English Teacher). But I feel like more people like books than like country.

      Delete