Wednesday, April 4, 2012

I have big [D]reams

I wrote a few days ago about how I am in need of some focus and inspiration, and how I plan to seek this by listing 25 things that I am. 

Today's "I am" is actually an "I have". 

I have big dreams. 

Professionally, I want to earn a Masters in Instructional Technology (which I am scheduled to start in May), earn a doctorate (though I'm not sure yet what I want to study), and do education research, all while still maintaining my own classroom. 

In my personal life, I want to be a conciseness vegetarian, a mom who teaches my son about life, a financially independent woman, and some day a dedicated wife. Of course I want to be a good daughter and friend and mother, but I feel like those are implied.

I want to run 3 times a week, and be more healthy. I want to take my vitamins, drink more water, drink less Diet Coke, and learn to cook with TVP. I want to see as many concerts as physically possible, backpack through The Grand Tetons, learn to kayak, and go to the zoo enough to make my pass worth the money. I want to clean out my basement, get a full time job, and move into my own apartment. And these are just my goals for this summer. 

I want to get 8 hours of sleep a night and have a clean house. 

And I see this a as attainable. I see all of this as an exciting challenge. And I have realistic expectations for achieving my goals. 

Goals themselves are just as important to me as the outcomes, and the journey is way more important then the destination anyway. 

What are some of your big dreams? 

4 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! I wish you the best in them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best with your goals.

    As for mine, the one I'm focusing on right now is helping my husband get the D6 Epic rule book ready for launch. One step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some noble goals :)

    I want to be a published author, learn another language fluently and learn the play the harp. Those are my big dreams, and unlikely as they are to occur, it's nice to thing I'll achieve them someday :)

    Jamie Gibbs
    Fellow A-Z Buddy
    Mithril Wisdom

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi, Actually, I'd just love to get a good night's sleep. Best regards to you. Ruby

    ReplyDelete