Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am [M]oving

Oops, I totally thought I write this yesterday and scheduled it. Good thing I checked. And good thing tomorrow is Sunday, almost halfway and I'm close to getting behind.

I am [M]oving.

For the past three years I have lived in a house that my mother owns. Originally, the renters were myself, my sister, my boyfriend at the time, and one of his friends. Then the boy and I split and he moved out. Then I had a baby and the friend moved out.

And my mother moved in.

She said she was just coming to stay for a week to help with the baby, but that was a year and a half ago.

When I was 17 I moved in with my dad because I was tired of fighting with my mom. After she got over the trauma, she and I were much closer because we could visit but I could be my own person. When she moved in this time she treated me like and adult, but it has become abundantly clear that my standard of clean and organized is not her standard, and her standard of polite information is way more checking in than I care to do as an adult.

So, regardless of how much of a financial straining it will be, I have decided I am moving out in or about August once I figure out where I will be working in the fall.

Now, don't get me wrong. Currently, all I would need to do is get a minimum wage retail job for the two days  week I don't teach and I would be able to afford this, so it will definitely be financially possible. I will either have a full time, full paying teacher job, or I will be a part time teacher and a part time...something else.

The time has come once again to give up on my mother and I learning to live together so that we can visit and she can stop making me crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand. My mother moved in temporarily almost 3 years ago. Good luck on the job search and the move.

    ReplyDelete