Sunday, April 1, 2012

[A]pril

April is the time for a new Area of Opportunity. April is the A to Z challenge. April is Easter, and the second half of spring break, and (hopefully) the real beginning of spring.


Therefore, April is a time for new beginning.


I wrote recently about how I am  little jumbled inside about my priories and my focus, and it is all making me very...unmotivated. I also wrote about how I was going to drop my initial plan for the A to Z challenge which was to write about starting a schedule.


So April is going to be a time for me to write about who I know I am to help me figure out where to go next.


March
In March my goal was to go to the Yoga classes I already pay for: I went zero times. However, I was in the gym at least three times every week (except the first week of March 'cause my IBS made me feel like death). I have really started seeing running as a type of meditation that has the power to help me be more mindful and less anxious. Though I didn't exactly follow the goal as intended, I did meet the goal. The goal was to continue my meditation journey into my every day life.


So this all went well.


So, on to April.


For April, my goal is simple: Come up with 25 things that I already am, 25 things I believe in, 25 things that make me who I am. The objective for this is to help me feel more grounded and less emotionally scattered. This will follow the A to Z Challenge format (obviously). 


To get myself started, I would like to quote one of my new favorite movies. I will admit I haven't read the book yet, but it is on my "to read" list. 


I am smart, I am kind, I am important. 


Sometimes, we all just need a reminder. Today, I needed a reminder that I am important. 


What do you need to remind yourself of today? 





5 comments:

  1. Great quote! You are off to a wonderful start!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I need to remind myself not to burn the pizza I have warming in the oven! Stopping by to say "hi" as I make my way through the A-Z Challenge. http://sherrilackey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. I admire your positive approach and wish you well with your self-discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post :) You rock.
    Do check my B at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The Help" was an awesome book! Way to stay positive!

    ReplyDelete