Sunday, February 26, 2012

Weekend Roundup: All around good stuff

On Personal Finance
1) The Simple Dollar shares a few thoughts on higher gas prices that are exactly what I'm working on right now: "Start developing a side business right now that can sumplement your income, but don't give into lifestyle inflation. 


On Teaching
2) This is where I want to be in 5 years. Heck, how about 3 years: Life in an Inquiry Driven, Technology Embedded, Connected Classroom. 


On Careers
3) Invest it wisely tells about how he quit his job. Actually, he tells the background, why he decided this was a good idea, and what he is going to do now. I think this is an awesome article that really takes you through his thought process and gives some great examples of things to consider when you are thinking about leaving a job. 


On Life
4) LaRae Quy describes three ways smart leaders prepare for the unknown, but I think this very much applies to everyone. 


On cooking
5) I have spent a ton of time recently collecting vegetarian recipes on my Pinterest (Mostly) Veggie Friendly board. However, some links just don't work right on Pinterest so I've also been keeping a Cooking stack on Delicious. Come check out what we will be eating in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment