Monday, February 13, 2012

Looking forward to summer to get me through the second semester

I have been emotionally exhausted for a week. And now I am actually sick today. Actually, I'm feeling pretty okay as long as I don't leave my bed. So, needless to say I've been working in my pj's for the last few hours. And by working I mean I'll work for about 45 minutes then I'll get distracted on Pinterest. 


I've spent a lot of time lately thinking about how far I have come in my personal organization and house management and my economic situation. I have kept a budget for almost two years now and am trying a cash wallet system and looking for ways to make more and spend less. I've had some pretty huge goals I have been working on. I'm going on week two of being a vegetarian, which is way harder than I had initially thought it would be but the rewards are definitely delicious. And I finished my first meditation class and am starting another. I feel like a much more calm and collected and focused person. But there is still one area of my life that makes me absolutely insane:

My basement.

I feel like it just spills over into every other aspect of my life. It is the catch all for everything I don't know what to do with and it has one corner dedicated to 5 years of college books and papers and insanity and another corner that has everything birth-15 months that belongs to Odin and still TONS and TONS of stuff that I have been slowly cleaning out from when my parents lived here.



This is a decent sized house but literally half of it us unused and unusable. 


I decided recently that between grad school and my first ever teacher salary that carries through the summer that I am going to spend this summer talking online classes and tackling my basement.  


These are some of the things I am excited about that I want to do. 
I don't know if I will actually make two desks, because honestly I don't have use for two, but I love this uses of a bookshelf as part of a desk. 





































And I think I'm going to do this to the inside of my basement door (a.k.a. the side the toddler can't get to).I love this. 




































Even just thinking about having my life a little more together makes me feel better about the fact that I have time or sleep or immuse system right now. Come on summer, get here faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment