Monday, February 27, 2012

Chick Pea Salad

This week I committed to making 3 out of the gazillion  vegetarian recipes that I have been collecting. Well, turns out I didn't have tahini and I didn't want to go back out to go to the store so instead of making Sweet Potato and Chick Pea salad I started with the recipe for Chick Pea Sandwich Filling, ignored 95% of the recipe, and came up with something delicious. 



Because it's basically a bunch of veggies with chick peas and cheese, I am simply calling this bowl of (mostly) healthy awesomeness "Chickpea Salad."


Ingredients: 
*I just used what I had on hand and didn't exactly measure any of it. Play around with what you like. 

1 16 oz can drained and rinsed chickpeas
1/2 cup cucumber
1/4 cup shredded and then sliced carrots
1 roma tomato, diced
1/4 cup almond slivers
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
Low fat cole slaw dressing_ Drizzle over top. Be careful not to add too much or you will make soup rather than salad. 


Just mix all the ingredients together and enjoy. 


Make sure to taste it before you start cleaning up. Cole slaw dressing has a tendency to be too sweet. If that happens I add a little more cheese, a little more nuts, and a pinch more salt to cut the sweetness out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment